2 August 2011

Review: Machine of Death

Machine of Death: A Collection of Stories about People Who Know How They Will DieMachine of Death: A Collection of Stories about People Who Know How They Will Die by Ryan North

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I am not sure what I was expecting, when I pulled this book off the shelf at my local Chapters bookstore. This collection is far more amusing than I should admit.

The idea of a machine that can predict the way a person would die is very, very creepy. It could read CANCER or JULIA or OLD AGE. However, it's never quite that simple - each of these could mean very different things based on different circumstances. Due to this, the stories were insightful, though-provoking, witty and terrible in the best way possible.

There is something special, here.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment