15 August 2011

Review: Silver

Silver: My Own Tale As Written by Me with a Goodly Amount of MurderSilver: My Own Tale As Written by Me with a Goodly Amount of Murder by Edward Chupack

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I like pirates. I like pirate stories.
Silver is my exception.

This book had an interesting narrative, told in the voice of Long John Silver. That was about all I found interesting. The story-telling lacks greatly, and coupled with Silver's way-of-speech it just becomes confusing. What could be said in a couple sentences takes pages to express. And there was a goodly amount of speech circles to tread around, as well.

When I find myself reading the same paragraph over and over and I am only 3 chapters into a book I have been trying to read for weeks... I know it's time to call it quits.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment