7 August 2011

Review: A Spell for Chameleon

A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth, #1)A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I have read various Xanth novels throughout my life, and never in any sort of order. That's how it works, checking out books from the libraries (as we all know) - you take what you can get, when it shows up.

In the last few years, I have searched used book stores, online and not, and finally collected the entire series, up to Jumper Cable. That, in itself, was an adventure.

For "A Spell for Chameleon" it is very much how I remember it, and it is definitely the puns the keep me interested. It's just fun. That said, one can see the book is a bit dated now. The way females are portrayed, for one, can be somewhat off-putting. I think anyone will be able to enjoy a book like this, if they allow themselves to.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment